New Blog Post
As you know OWPS is applying for the Anti-Bullying Quality Mark (ABQM) at bronze level. The evidence for the award has now been submitted and we should hear back within a few weeks to find out when the assessors will come to visit our school.
This is part of our continuing approach to adopting new and exciting strategies, across multiple areas, to enable all our pupils feel safe, secure and give them skills now for later life. Here's a short list of some of the things we've been doing:
Is this list supposed to be ABQM related? If so,
- Circle Times in classrooms across school
- Midday supervisor training
- Playground zones
- Developing a quiet time area for break and lunchtimes
- Termly Steering group meetings focusing on the action required to gain the ABQM award
- Updating policies that link to anti-bullying such as e-safety, accessible user’s policy, child protection policy.
- Developing a PSHE area in the library
- Highlighting a focus on anti-bullying in the school i-plan as a priority target
Alongside all of this, we’d also like you to know about how it links to OWPS becoming one of the Founding Member of a new Academy Trust. Like the ABQM, this is something that the OWPS Governing Body is excited about, but that’s not just because we’re part of a new evolution for the school. At least one of our partner schools already has the Anti-Bullying Quality Mark, so this is gives us a great opportunity to have a mentor and enhance our growth and development in this important area of school life. So, just like our children, the teachers, the school and other members of the new Trust will be listening, learning from each other and building some strong foundations for future growth.
OWPS Governing Body