Introducing the OWPS Parent Portal
What is the Parent Portal?
The Parent Portal is a one-stop digital hub created by our website providers, E4 Education, where parents can access relevant information about their child/ren.
A simple login will bring parents to a dashboard that contains the following information:
- your child's attendance
- emails from the school that are relevant to your child
- copies of all newsletters
- school news articles
- school calendar
- link to ParentMail
- copies of student reports
What are the benefits of the Parent Portal?
- When we send out an email to parents, the Parent Portal automatically generates a copy in your Parent Portal account. Instead of having to search through emails, you will have all the school's emails in one place.
- If you'd like to check your child's attendance statistics, you can do so on the Parent Portal in one glance.
- A copy of all the school e-newsletters that are published on the website are also stored on the Parent Portal, making it easy to find and read useful information.
- The school news feed that contains articles about the latest news from OWPS is also published on the Parent Portal.
- If you want to check the details of upcoming events, you can open up the Parent Portal and gain access directly to the school calendar from there.
- There will also be quick links to useful items such as ParentMail, the school's contact details and a form for you to update your address or contact details.
Accessing the OWPS Parent Portal
Your Account Details
We will generate an account for you using the email address you have provided to the school for communications.
When we do this, you will receive an email inviting you to create a password for your account.
Create a password and submit the form.
All children should already have an account.
You can access our Parent Portal at any time using the button at the top of this page or the link below:
There is also a link on the homepage of our school website:
You will be prompted to log in by entering your email address and password. Please delete any pre-inputted details and re-type your username and password, ensuring there is no space at the start.
If you have not yet set your password, you can request a password reset email by clicking ‘Forgot your password’. You should use the email address you have registered with the school.
What you will see in the Parent Portal
You will now be in the Parent Portal. Once you are logged in you will be able to access information about your child(ren), communications from the school and other useful information we choose share, including future student reports.
On the Dashboard, you will see the Attendance and Behaviour rings. The Attendance ring will reflect the live data on your child’s attendance. We have opted not to use the Behaviour ring at present. Therefore, the Behaviour ring will not reflect any of your child’s behaviour points.
You will also see a list of options on the left hand of the screen:
Dashboard – brings you back to the main screen with the Attendance Ring
Communication – here you can see all the emails that the school has sent you
Newsletters – all of the published newsletters are displayed here
Student Reports – reports for your child will be uploaded and available to read here
School News – see all the latest news articles from the School News feed of the website
Calendar – view the school calendar
School Contact – a quick link to our contact details
Back to website – takes you back to the OWPS website
IRIS ParentMail – a quick link to ParentMail
Your Account – here you can request to update your contact details
Viewing more than one child’s account
If you have more than one child at OWPS, you can access their information too once you have logged in.
Simply click on the circle that contains the child’s initials on the top right-hand side of the screen, and then the other children’s names will appear:
Click on the child’s name whose details you would like to see to view their information.
Troubleshooting Accessing the Parent Portal
If you have not been able to get access to your Parent Portal Account OR if you have been in it but cannot access it again, please follow these instructions:
Open the Parent Portal using the button at the top of this page or the link below:
- In the login window, choose ‘Forgot your Password’
- Enter the email address that OWPS uses to contact you on. Ensure that it is all in lowercase and doesn’t have a capital first letter at the start, or a space at the start.
- Go to your emails to locate the reset password email. Double check if the reset email has come to your junk folder.
- Update your password.
- Return to the Parent Portal Login
- Type in your email (Ensure that it is all in lowercase and doesn’t have a capital first letter at the start or a space at the start) and password to gain entry to your Parent Portal.
If you have any further questions, please contact the school office on 01733 370646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.