Applying For Secondary School 2022
- You can apply for a secondary school place for September 2022 from 10 September 2021.
- The deadline for applications is 31 October 2021, you will then get an offer for a place on 1 March 2022.
Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 and you live in Peterborough you will need to apply for a transfer from primary (year 6) to secondary school (year 7) for September 2022.
If your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 and you live in Peterborough and attend a middle school, you will need to apply for a transfer to upper school for September 2022. (Peterborough does not have any Upper schools this is only for applying to other Local Authority Upper Schools).
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry within the school year (September 2021 to July 2022), please complete an in-year admission application
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Peterborough resident you will make your application through the Peterborough Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Peterborough.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'Secondary School Admission' document. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The document also contains a list of all the secondary schools in the Peterborough area, along with their allocation criteria.
- Make realistic preferences. Look at how schools allocate places and apply for schools where you would be considered high on an over-subscription criteria.
The 'Secondary School Admission' document will be made available by the 10 September.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'Secondary School Admission' document before submitting your application.
Key Dates in the admissions process For September 2022 Entry into Year 7
From 10 September 2021
Application process for transferring to Year 7 begins. Opportunity for parents/carers to visit
31 October 2021
Closing date Closing date for completed online applications and receipt of any additional information to support your application. We strongly recommend that you do not delay your application to the last minute in case of technical problems.
23 November 2021
Final date for notification of change of address after the closing date.
November – February
Preference forms checked, validated, and determined.
1 March 2022 NATIONAL OFFER DAY
Parents that applied online can log onto the council’s website from 00:01 am the morning of 1 March 2022 to see which school their child has been offered. Letters will be posted 2nd class to parents. No decisions will be issued by telephone.
1 March 2022
Waiting lists established.
22 March 2022
Final deadline date for parents to either accept or refuse the school place offered. If the parent does not reply, the offer will be withdrawn.
From week commencing 26 April 2022
Second round of allocations for late applications received after 31 October 2021.
Further offers made from this date are subject to places becoming available and will be made on a weekly basis. Letters will be posted 2nd Class.
19 June 2022
Independent Appeal Panels must have met to consider appeals from parents/carers who are unhappy with their school allocation. Dates for the appeal deadline is available at www.peterborough.gov.uk/admissions
Start of the academic year.
Making your application
You must apply online using our Citizen's Portal.
The application form will be available from 10 September 2021