Platform One Before and After School Club
Platform One is Orton Wistow Primary School's before and after school childcare provision. It aims to promote a healthy lifestyle, emotional and physical wellbeing, and to encourage the children to be active, engaged and interested in the world and the people around them. The children enjoy fun, play-based activities alongside more structured tasks based on the children’s areas of interest.
Platform One Opening Hours
08.00 to 08.40
|After School Club||15.15 to 18.00
Snacks are served as the children arrive from school
Full Day: 08.00 to 18.00
Snacks are provided
We are registered for 60 children after school and 45 children at Breakfast and in the holidays, aged 4 to 11. The club is overseen by a School Governor.
Platform One Staff
|Caroline Ricciardi||Play Worker|
|Kelly Samuels||Play Worker|
|Sarah Stitson||Play Worker|
|Rebekah Craig||Play Worker|
|Tina Wilbert||Relief Play Worker|
|Shameem Dar||Relief Play Worker|
One of our strengths is that all staff also have another role within the school; this means that the children get to know us very well and it also helps to embed the link between home and school.
Platform One Facilities
We have our own building and garden on the school grounds but which are separate from the school building.
The outside space consists of a grassy area, a paved area and picnic tables. We also have access to the main school playgrounds when school is closed. Inside Platform One, there are toilets, a kitchen and two rooms: a home-from-home living room with a television and comfy sofas, and a games and activities room.
The children look forward to attending Platform One and parents are secure in the knowledge that their child is being well cared for. Some comments from parents about Platform One include:
- My child really enjoys Platform One
- They race to get there and are reluctant to leave
- It is friendly, warm and welcoming
- The staff care about the parents too
- Couldn’t manage without it
Charges for Platform One from April 1st 2020
08:00 to 8:40
£4..50 (per child)
|After School Club||15:15 to 18:00||£8.30 (Per child)|
|Holiday Club - Full Day||08:00 to 18:00||£22.00 (Per child)|
|Holiday Club - Morning Session
Holiday Club - Afternoon Session
|08:00 to 13:00
13:00 to 18:00
|£14.00 (per child)
£14.00 (per child)
Parents whose children use Platform One on a regular basis are invoiced over a 12 month period. These parents can also make ad-hoc bookings and amendments to their bookings if necessary. Ad-hoc bookings need to be paid in advance.
For payment queries, please contact the School Office on 01733 370646 or P1payments@owps.org.uk.
Booking a Place at Platform One
If you wish to book a place for your child/children at Platform One, here are the next steps:
1. Check availability by emailing Platform One on Platform1@owps.org.uk, giving details of:
- Your child's name and surname
- Your child's year group and class (if known)
- Parent/Carer's name and surname
- Which days they will require Breakfast Club (if applicable)
- Which days they will require After School Club (if applicable)
- Which days they require Holiday Club (if applicable) and whether they will be in for a full day or a half day
- Special dietary requirements or medical needs
- Preferred start date for Platform One
2. Alternatively, to discuss booking a place at Platform One, please contact Platform 1 on 01733 239900.
3. Once availability has been confirmed, Platform One will ask you to complete a Booking Form and Contract, and monthly invoicing will commence.
We look forward to hearing from you and if you have any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.